Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Storytime: أنا تفاحة (I Am an Apple)

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته


Today we read Ana Tuffah  (I Am an Apple)



This book is a translation of the book I Am an Apple (Hello Reader Science Level 1)

'I Am an Apple' gives preschool aged children a colourful look at the life cycle of an apple. From bud to flower to fruit and beyond, children learn about the life cycle of the apple that just may be in their lunch that day. The illustrations are colourful but non-intrusive. Children have the chance to focus on each detail on the page and gain an appreciation for the process that Allaah has Decreed will produce yummy apples yearly. The text is brief, yet is able to teach science without the story being dry and uninteresting. This is a story that children may enjoy and you may, like myself, end up reading it several times - by request *smile*.

No comments:

Post a Comment