Saturday, July 10, 2010

Storytime: The Story of Prophet Hud (alayhi salam)

Assalamu alaikum,


Today we read The Story of Prophet Hud (alayhi salam)


To be honest with you, I have heard parents/teaches express concern about the text level of this series (and a few other aspect of the series). This led me to explore a way to make the story enjoyable for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergarteners. After having read the story, I honestly do not feel that the text level is inappropriate for toddlers, preschoolers or kindergarteners if the stories are being read aloud. In fact, when the storyteller (i.e. parent/teacher) varies his/her tone, pitch, etc. while reading, I think the stories can be easily enjoyed by young children. I am in agreement with sister Saara about the illustrations in Islamic children's books. You can read more about that here on her blog insha'Allah. This is just my opinion and of course waallahu alim. 

The story of Hud (alayhi salam) is also the story/book that I will be using for the preschool lesson plan I intend to post here in a few days biithnillah. I'm working on various activities to supplement the book insha'Allah, and I'm working on circle time activities and art activities as well insha'Allah.

This book can be purchased world-wide in Islamic bookstores or directly from Dar-us-Salam insha'Allah.

Please check back in a few days and insha'Allah, I'll have the lesson plan (preschool) posted.

2 comments:

  1. Assalaamu Alaikum sis,

    Oh that's wonderful. Awaiting the lessons plans!

    Jazzakillaah Khayr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waalaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

    Wa iyaki wa jazakillahu khayr dear sis! I hope you are not disappointed by the lesson plan.

    ReplyDelete